Wednesday, September 22, 2010

ELEVEN months!

Oh dear.  ELEVEN months old.  My heart skips a beat and my eyes get a little teary and my hair turns a little more grey thinking about him turning one next month 
(actually, by the time yall read this, he will be one NEXT WEEK!!).  
I can't believe it's already here.  Seriously, where did this year go?!?

Biggest news about this month... Pierce is WALKING!  He actually started taking several steps at 10 1/2 months but now he is walking about 95% of the time.  Whew!  It's so cute.  I love the little waddle of a child learning how to walk.  I feel like I even saw him try and run this morning!

Other facts about this month (that I know are only of interest to me... and probably my mom- ha!)...
He's still taking 2 naps.  Longer one in the am and only about an hour in the pm.
Goes to bed around 7 and will sleep until around 6:30
Weighs 21 pounds.
Officially done with baby food.
I'm starting to mix his formula with whole milk.
Still will pretty much eat anything you put in front of him.
He's great with a sippy cup.
LOVES books.
Has just started giving kisses which I LOVE!!!
Has the most adorable curls on the back of his head!  Seriously, I have no idea where they have come from but there is NO WAY I'm having those cut anytime soon :)
The last couple of weeks have been pretty interesting and different.  He has become clingy.  He wants to be held all the time.  And if you try and put him down when he is one of his "moods" you would really think that his life is just completely falling apart!  He will cry, actually scream if you take ANYTHING away from him.  I'm just so used to him being happy ALL THE TIME and this "stage" has just sorta caught me off guard.


My favorite picture of him from the beach!

Reading with Papa.

He loves him some powdered sugar donuts!


Look at those curls!!  They are so cute :)



Pierce, I cannot believe that you have been here for almost a year!  I can't imagine our life, my life without you in it!  You bring so much JOY to our little family and we love you SO MUCH!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sounds like Jake enjoyed his first day.

    ReplyDelete