Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dallas in July

We spent the first 2 weeks of July in Dallas and left just as temps were creeping into the 105+ temps.  WHOA!  The biggest deal for me personally on this trip was... I traveled with the boys BY MYSELF!  I did it!  Buying Pierce his own seat was my lifesaver.  Everyone had their own seat and really we all did great :)  I had enough people praying for me and I know it worked!!

We spent every morning in the pool.  We spent every afternoon after naps in the pool.  And we spent the last hour of the day in the pool.  And many nights the later counted as baths.  Does that make me a bad mom??!  :)  And we LOVED every second! (and i'm so mad at myself for not taking any pictures... all i have are videos- ugh!)

Here are some highlights of our 2 weeks in Dallas...

all snacked up and happy and ready to get to "dallas texas"


we spent a morning visiting the GINORMOUS cabella's store in allen- boys. loved. it!



we rode the DART train down to northpark and saw "cars" (on my birthday- my how birthdays have changed- ha!)
please look at Jake's face- priceless excitement :)

but i got to pick lunch- it was not a difficult decision!  i LOVE chick-fil-a!!


spent 4th of july with my family watching fireworks from TCA (my school from 1-12 grade)


i seriously can't get enough of this little person!




had a family "first"- took the boys to their first baseball game.  it wasn't the rangers but the roughriders (minor league team here in dallas) and it was just as fun!




mark and i had a date :)

and what's a trip to dallas without visiting the john deere tractor store?!?


As always, our time in Dallas goes way too fast!  My parents go above and beyond in loving us and spoiling us and every moment is treasured!  Until November...

No comments:

Post a Comment