Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Isn't She Lovely?


This post is dedicated to my best friend, my sister. Seriously, isn't she gorgeous?!? I'm incredibly proud to be her big sister. AND I get the utmost honor of standing by her side in just 7 months at her wedding- a day that I have dreamed about! Bethany and I are 16 months apart and I can't remember a time when we were not friends. Well, maybe a few times :) I think our friendship really solidified when we both "liked" the same boy. Seriously, we both had crushes on the SAME boy! You would have thought that would make us hate each other but just the opposite happened. Very weird, I know.

Some of the things that I admire and love most about my sister are her loyalty, compassion, honesty and trustworthiness. Bethany has some really special friends that she would drop anything in a second to go be with them. She has a giant heart - even to the few patients that she would like to wring the necks of at 2 am in the ER. Bethany has an incredible sense of style (I try to NOT be jealous every time I look in her closet!) She loves being an ER nurse. I don't know why but if I ever have to be in the ER, I hope my nurse loves her job too! She is a perfectionist. She likes everything to be a certain way and if they are not, look out! I can only imagine how unbelievably perfect April 17th will be!

I miss her like crazy. She had the opportunity last year to come live in CA and work and it was the best summer ever! I got to see her everyday and spend just some special time with her.

Bethany, like all of us, has gone through her share of hardships but she always emerges a stronger person full of grace and love.

I can't wait to continue to watch her grow as an individual and now in 7 months as a wife and hopefully as a mom one day. It is an honor to be her sister and she has been one of the biggest blessings in my life and know that she will always be. I love you buddy!

Luke, you better take care of my little sister or you will have me to deal with... and a few others!


2 comments:

  1. What a precious tribute...sister to sister. You are both treasured women.

    ReplyDelete