Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bethany's Wedding Week, Part 3

After the rehearsal dinner, Bethany, mom and I went to the Stoneleigh Hotel and spent the night- just us 3 girls. Um, did I mention that we stayed in the Presidential Suite... yes, only my sister would reserve the creme de la creme! She also had the pent house with an awesome terrace for us all to hang out in the next day. Seriously, both rooms?!? :) I digress. All 3 of us climbed into one big bed and just smiled as we drifted off to sleep in utter excitement of the next days activities!
No sleeping in for us. Bethany's hair and makeup girl came a knockin' at 8:30. I spent the next couple of hours watching my baby sister turn into an unbelievable beautiful bride. Makes me smile just thinking about that morning. Bethany and Luke had decided to do all the pictures before the ceremony so at 10:30 the 2 of them had a sweet "first look" moment. Then they were wisked away for like 3 hours of pictures!!! I also should mention that their photographer was from Australia... and he is amazing!!! Bethany came back, pretty whipped but was able to get out of her dress and just relax for about an hour while everyone else got dressed.

The wedding ceremony started at 7. It was beautiful. Incredible, is more like it. I think one of my favorite moments (I did have lots) was waiting for my sister to walk down that aisle. I stood there listening to the AMAZING fanfare played on the organ and I was picturing her and my dad behind those doors and remembering that moment with my dad when I was behind those same doors. What a special feeling. Oh and also, guess who made it down the aisle all by himself... JAKE!!! What a proud momma I was :) The ceremony was so sweet and totally Bethany and Luke. There were tears and laughs. It was a perfect 45 minutes. I was so proud of my sister and so so so happy for her. She deserves the absolute best and Luke is just that for her.

After the ceremony, we (as in all the guests) met in the church lobby and were greeted by stilt walkers in tuxes and top hats. They were supposed to lead us to the reception about a block away but since it was pouring down rain, they just entertained us for about 30 minutes while people were getting into their cars. We also got a huge "group" shot. Can't wait to see that one too! :)

The reception was at the Dallas Museum of Art and once again, incredible. The food was amazing... bacon wrapped scallops, an avocado bar, 5 different types of mac and cheese, brisket. Her cake was a piece of art... literally! The band was amazing! Once again, I can't wait to see the official pictures. I don't really have any that are that great. Half way through the reception there was a slide show that the photographer had put together of the weekend. Once again, amazing!
We spent the next several hours dancing, eating, laughing, and making lifetime memories. We were exhausted at the end but our hearts were just about to bust with happiness!
Bethany, I can't wait to watch you and Luke grow old together. Remember JOY...


Happy Wedding Day!
Ignore the bed hair folks, we are in the Presidential Suite!




I love this pic, Luke getting "touched up" before pictures.


Love it!


Love it MORE!




I don't have any pictures of the tiny veil she wore. It was perfect with this great flower!


Do you think my hands were full?!?




Right before my dad saw Bethany all ready. It was a precious moment!!!


Give the child anything to keep him occupied... chips definitely worked!


Habecker Family. One of my all time favorite pictures!


Father Daughter dance.


Not sure why this one is so small. I think you can click on it to make it bigger. Told you, a piece of art!

(I am going to try and swipe some more pictures off facebook to add to these. More to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment