Sunday, April 17, 2011

Unbelievable

I find it pretty unbelievable that:
a. I have an eighteen (and a half) month old
b. I haven't done an update on just him since he turned ONE... yall, that was 6 months ago
c. My sweet little second born has been showing signs of a monster lately... Cue the "terrible twos."

Here are some things I want to remember about where he is right now.

*We were at the pediatrician this last week and he weighs 26.3 pounds (50%) and is 34.25 inches long (about 90%).  Pediatrician discovered 2 pretty infected ears so we are on some antibiotics currently... which actually could explain some of his little "fits" which is probably more better of a word than "monster" :)

*He can be the absolute SWEETEST little person most of the time but when you do something to make him mad, his world totally and completely FALLS APART!  And he will let you know it- believe me.  It's seriously like he is another person.  He is 100% royally P.I.S.S.E.D.  He will hit you if you go to pick him up and even worse, he has been known to bite if he's mad enough.  I've learned to just walk out of the room during these times.  I will normally go back in the room after he's been screaming for about 10 minutes and when I pick him up he immediately stops crying and all he wants to do is snuggle- sweet guy.  Then it's another 10 minutes before he's ready to be put down.  Really it's frustrating, exhausting and heart melting (the snuggle time) all at the same time.  But it has brought me to my knees begging for more patience from the Lord!  My mom shared with me this verse this week while she was here.  It's Colossians 4:6
"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."
Lord, I pray that my words to Pierce, and really to Jake as well, be full of grace and love and that I know how to handle each and every situation that is thrown in my direction.

* We have a major ball player on our hands!  Pierce loves loves loves ALL things ball.  He is always throwing a ball, kicking a ball, shooting a ball.

* And speaking of sports... I think we will have a left hander too!  Woo Hoo!  Just like his momma :)  He does everything with just his left hand right now.

* Loves giving kisses to us all and will always to get/give a kiss to Jake when it comes time for bed.
* HATES taking medicine.  HATES having his teeth brushed.

* Little stinker still isn't really talking.  He has about 4 or 5 words.  He says "ba" for 'ball'- shocker that that would be his first word!  If you give him a phone, he will put it to his ear and say "oh" for 'hello'.  The cutest thing he does is say (or really sound out) "ah ba" for 'all aboard'- he makes the sounds that you would say when you say it.  And he will say "waaaaak", almost a combination of 'wow' and 'look' when he sees a trash truck or a firetruck or another big cool vehicle.  But no mama or dada yet... sigh!  And he will say "uh oh".  He points to everything and wants you to tell him what it is- it's like a high pitched "this this this" and he will repeat it and get louder until you answer him :)

* He's mastered the shaking head no part- he's good at that :)

* When he's not playing with a ball he wants me to read to him.  Loves books!

* He idolizes his big brother!  Wants to be with him all the time.  Wants to do everything Jake is doing.  Wants to follow him everywhere.  I LOVE the sound of both of the laughing!

* When Jake isn't around, Pierce does such a great job at playing by himself.  He will sit and play with one car/truck/train for 20 minutes and making all the appropriate noises and sounds :)

* Wears size 5 diapers during the day and size 6 at night.  Takes one afternoon nap- usually between 2-3 hours.  Goes to sleep around 7 and will sleep until 6:45 or 7.  Sleeps with 2 blankets and loves playing with the little taggies on one of them while he is taking his milk at naptime and bedtime.


he's so cute sometimes i just can't stand it!



this child fears nothing when it comes to the playground.  he will do things that even Jake won't try.  i'm afraid he will be my first child to the ER.

 if you are going to eat pizza, why not SHOVE it in your mouth, right???


* I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but this little person tugs at my heart in an oh so special way.  I love him so much that sometimes it hurts.  I absolutely ADORE him and am so honored to be his mommy!

1 comment: