Saturday, April 2, 2011

Our Backyard

We finally have a "real" backyard!  Our other house had one but we hardly ever played there since we had a huge area out front to play in.  It was also impossible for me to supervise (much less even SEE) the boys back there while I while I was in the house.  All that to say that I am LOVING our backyard NOW!  There is tons of room for the boys to play, a huge deck for us to entertain and plenty of fun things to do/add to over the next few years.  The previous owners left us the cushions and pillows for the bench which I love as well.

Here she is!

this is what you walk out to from our family room.  we will eventually add some kind of awning for shade and a bigger table




our backyard includes also some of my favorites...
 a lemon tree

 a little "cutie" tree

 gorgeous camillias

lots of ferns... reminds me of the south!  ;)

a japanese maple

 a magnolia tree... can't wait for some of those flowers!



if i could do anything to the backyard i would tear this all out and add grass.  mark doesn't want to tear out the sidewalk so we may mulch it and put a playset but we are not sure...

but one thing we know for sure that we all LOVE our backyard and are so thankful and know that many fun memories will be made back here!
and I, personally LOVE saying, "kids, go play in the backyard!"


(note- i'm waiting till my mom gets here next week to take pictures of the upstairs because i am needing lots of her help/expertise!  so stay tuned...)

No comments:

Post a Comment