Friday, February 4, 2011

Paris-Day 1

Well, we are here in Paris!  What a day!   I can't believe we are finally here!  Our flight was great- good food, good champagne, and great seats that reclined flat for us to sleep.  I could get used to flying business :)  We finally made it to our hotel which is in a great location and we have a great room- king sized bed, hot huge shower, and free wi fi :)  We completely crashed once we got to our room after all it was 2 am in CA.  When our alarm went off an hour later we both felt like we had been run over by a train but made ourselves get up, take showers and hit the streets.

We walked.  And walked.  And walked some more.  We walked to the Louve but didn't go inside (tomorrows adventure).  We walked up the Seine.  Walked over to Notre Dame and did go inside- amazing.  Stopped for some famous crepes and I had my first cafe creme and I actually loved it (not a coffee lover... until now!)  Can't wait for another one.  Walked back to our room to just rest our weary feet and then headed up the street to a little cafe for a delicious dinner.  It was very grey and cold today.  So there's not much color to my pictures.

Now it is 7:45 pm and we both just took an ambien and are about to hit the sheets.  Tomorrow will be a fun but very filled day.

i could get used to this type of flying :) 


Academie Nationale De Musique 

I'm not sure what this little area is called but there were all these amazing high end jewelers... I did alot of window shopping here!  Funny because in between 2 stores was randomly a Swatch store- Mark gave me permission to go in there if I wanted.  No thank you sweetheart but I prefer Cartier :) 


Tomorrow's adventure- inside the Louve! 


So glad I get to experience this journey with the man I love!

The Seine on the Pont des Arts bridge (you can see some of the "love padlocks")

I look terrible in this picture but here is me drinking my very first cafe creme 
(this picture is for you Sara!) 

SERIOUS YUMMINESS  was consumed here- a nutella crepe!  (this picture is for you Patty!) 

Notre Dame 

What an incredible place this must have been to actually worship!  To hear real voices, to hear the organ, to listen to the Bible and to do all that inside this magnificent place- gives me chills.  They definitely don't build churches like this anymore. 

My camera was giving me serious GRIEF inside and I'm super disappointed in how most of my pictures turned out!  The stained glass was beautiful! 




just a random pretty building :) 

and another one :) 

We took this picture for Jake as he is a big lover of carrousels!


So, here are my first thoughts about this city-
It's old
There is so much history all around me- makes me wish I had studied up more about this trip
The buildings are gorgeous
Everything is so intricate- all the amazing little details all around
It's very dirty!!!
It's cold (tomorrow the sun will hopefully be out!)
The French have not been too terribly rude but not overly friendly either but they do for heaven's sake take their sweet sweet time.
Makes me realize that we (Americans) like to rush through our day- go go go!  These people around me today acted like they have nothing else to do or go.  They walk slow.  Eat slow.  Drink slow.  They take an hour to eat a crepe that I devoured in about 10 minutes- opps!  I'll work on that tomorrow.  They don't drive slow though- good grief, we were nervous wrecks in the cab ride to the hotel this morning! 

2 things I miss...
I miss my boys terribly!
I miss the clean California air!  Everyone here smokes- EVERYWHERE.  Even inside restaurants- gag!  It actually gave me a headache this afternoon :(

It was a great day in Paris.  I'm so glad I'm here with Mark and we are getting to experience it together.  There is no one I would rather be with than him.
And speaking of "him"- say a little prayer for him today/tonight.  He's not feeling well.  Sore throat and all over acheness.  I just don't want him to be getting sick!

Well, this ambien is definitely kicking in.
bonne nuit 

4 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love the post!!!!! I remember seeing all that stuff... so beautiful and old. You look so cute and I'm SUPER impressed with your coffee drinking.... you know Keith just started too. :) Kindred Spirits... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I am So jealous! You must continue to post these blogs daily! It makes us think we are right there with you both! You look great and so stylish! Eat, Drink, and Be Merry! Lots of Love! Go by the Christian Louboutin store for me and take a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all these pics and I cannot believe that you are taking the time to post! Love the creme cafe! YUM! and I love that you are wearing the hat! Super cute!! Will send you a longer email! love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!! This sounds AMAZING!!! I'm so glad that you guys are able to have this time together...how wonderful!!! The two of you could not be any cuter...and especially you in that adorable hat. I wanna steal it off your little head! I wish you could put that Nutella crepe in a box and bring it back to me. Keep the posts coming and let us live vicariously through you! Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete