Friday, April 2, 2010

Dedication

Mark and I had the privilege of dedicating Pierce to the Lord this past Sunday. What a special morning it was that we were able to do it in my dad's church. How fun for a papa to help dedicate his grandson! It was completely different from when we dedicated Jake. With Jake, we were focused completely on Jake, listening to my dad, Mark and I had our thoughts perfectly rehearsed. With Pierce, we were trying so hard to be focused completely on Pierce however I was also trying to keep Jake from knocking down the guitars, jumping off the amps or the stairs of the stage. I guess it was too much to ask a 2 year old BOY to stand STILL for 5 minutes! :) He did stop at the front of the stage and bow his head (couldn't close his eyes though) when my dad said, "Jake, let's pray." Never the less, it was a special time for Mark and me to stand before our children, God, friends and family to give Pierce back to the Lord.

Our prayer for Pierce is for wisdom in raising him in a way that will bring God glory. Pierce from the very beginning has been just a happy baby. He literally makes my heart want to burst (in nothing but the BEST way). He is just so full of joy and that is my prayer is that he will have the JOY of the Lord in his life. That whoever he meets will see that JOY.

Being a mom to both Jake and Pierce has been the greatest most humbling most rewarding job. I thank Jesus everyday for this incredible job. I know that ultimately they belong to the Lord but I'm having the time of my life, cherishing every moment I have with them!

Pierce, I love you, your daddy loves you. We are so proud to be your parents. Thank you Jesus for this special gift!








1 comment:

  1. What an incredible day and how awesome that your dad did the dedication! The pictures made me teary!

    ReplyDelete