Friday, April 23, 2010

God is Good... ALL THE TIME... God is Good

In my Easter post I mentioned how we were celebrating God's goodness to us. Little did we know that our family would be celebrating EVEN MORE of His goodness in the weeks to come.

On Sunday morning, April 11, my parents came in my room at 12:30 am and told me that Bethany had been in a horrible car accident and they were going to the scene. At that very moment my heart quit beating. They didn't know anything except that she was trapped and they were having to cut her out of the car. Bethany had been on her way home from work when she was t-boned by someone running a red light. He hit her going 70 MPH and sent her into a pole. She was trapped from both sides. For the next hour, I sat on my bed crying out to the Lord begging Him to save her and for her not to be hurt. Of course, I couldn't do anything but that because I had 2 precious little people sleeping and couldn't leave them. When I wasn't praying I was posting on Facebook! :) I know, funny but what was AMAZING to me was the amount of people actually on FB at that moment and had begun praying within seconds of me posting just the words "pray." (on a side note... do you know that Facebook is the THIRD largest "country" in the world, behind India and China??? FB has over 400 million people). A few "coincidences" happened that night. However, we as Christians know that that word isn't the right one. :) The first police officer at the scene recognized Bethany right away. Bethany had been her ER nurse about 2 years ago! The police officer got on her phone and told the ambulance to get there right away because Bethany was "one of their own." Gives you goosebumps doesn't it?!? The first paramedic that came to Bethany's window was someone that she knew as well. The other "coincidence" was that Bethany had gotten off the freeway because of another accident. The other accident was the son of some great family friends of ours who the Lord chose to also save that night! Bethany and Garrett were across the hall from each other in the ER. Because there was a car on one side of Bethany and a pole on the other side they ended up cutting off her rear passenger door thinking they could get her out that way but her seat wouldn't recline far enough for that to happen. Since Bethany is an ER nurse and since she knew she could move everything she told the paramedic to put a collar around her neck and help her crawl out of her drivers window. So that is what happened. Good thing she is so tiny :) They put her in the ambulance and took her to Baylor where she worked. Long story short.. by God's GOODNESS and His faithfulness... my sister is completely FINE! No broken bones, no seat belt bruises that could be seen in her wedding dress, no facial scratches. Just really really REALLY sore! See, I told you God was GOOD! Actually, I think He's pretty darn GREAT! And I think you will agree with me when you see these pictures! Thank you Father for protecting my sister!


You can see my mom coming up to the car. Story about that, when they were about to leave in the ambulance my mom finally got to see Bethany. She grabbed her hand and said a little prayer. The EMT looked at Bethany and said that "in the 8 years I have worked in this rig, I have never seen anyone pray. Something special is going on in here right now."
the first person Bethany called was her fiance Luke who called my parents. of course Luke, the photographer he is, grabbed his camera on his way out!


Bethany did have a nasty bruise on her left hip from the car hitting her in that place :(

sorry, out of order. sweet thing had a pediatric collar on :)


can you see it??? the most TINIEST scratch. that's all she had! the paramedic said that because she was wearing her sweatshirt jacket the glass didn't cut her. thank goodness she is cold all the time :)

I love you to pieces Bethany and I'm so glad you are enjoying Hawaii at this very moment!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you mentioned something like this in your email but I had no idea! I am not a Facebook girl, so sorry for being clueless! My word your family has been through it all this past month. Thankful everything is okay! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I saw all of your posts on FB, but just reading this story was so scary! I am so thankful she's ok. (and in Hawaii!) :)
    Yes, God is good! I cannot believe those pictures. Bless her heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that! God is good all the time!

    ReplyDelete