Sunday, July 18, 2010

Birthday Celebrating

I turned 32 years young on July 1.  I had a great few days celebrating with some fun friends and family.  The day before, I was "kidnapped" by 3 great friends for a day of fun in San Francisco.  The fun included makeovers, tons and tons and tons of shopping, including a very private shopping experience behind closed doors at Nordstrom (so fun!), and a great dinner!  I feel very blessed by each of those girls and am blessed tremendously by their friendship.

So, the next day, my birthday, I was greeted by my 2 year old storming through my room saying "happy birfday mommy, happy birfday momma.  sweet dweams momma.  nite nite."   My men let me sleep in just a little.  :) I headed to bible study and was greeted by the yummiest cupcakes made by my mother-in-law.  Afterwards we had a celebratory picnic at my friend Patty's winery, C Donatiello.  Everyone brought something to share and it was delicious!  We decided to lay low that night so Mark grilled some tri-tip.  It was a perfect evening at home with the men in my life.

The next day, we celebrated by having dinner with Mark's family.  Janis made a wonderful meal and even more wonderful dessert.  I am so blessed to have such a great relationship with my in-laws.  I couldn't ask for better ones :)

A few days later, I had such a fun day!!!  Several other "wine industry" friends and I went and celebrated 3 of our birthdays by doing some wine tasting... but it wasn't just wine... it was sparkling wine- aka champagne!  My absolute favorite!!!  My favorite stop... Roederer. www.roedererestate.com   Their bubbles are like heaven to my mouth :)  (Sorry, but that totally sounded so cheesy... but seriously, my favorite champagne!)

Anyways, I had a great several days celebrating with great friends and family!

Here are just a few random pictures :)



I'm definitely looking forward to what the Lord has planned for me this year!
Cheers :)

2 comments:

  1. Um cute green/white striped shirt.....where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 32nd! And C Donatiello is my new fave Chardonnay, thanks to your father-in-law for the suggestion. Such a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete