Friday, July 23, 2010

Jake's Clock

This clock has completely changed our life!


Jake has been notorious for waking up between 5:45 and 6:02 basically since he was born.  I mean, like up and wanting to play outside- not like let's go and just lay on the couch and watch tv.  When our child wakes up he WAKES UP and is ready to GO!  I just assumed that I had an early riser and that there was nothing we could do about it... until he became a teenager- ha!  I just couldn't wait to be able to teach him about the number 7 on a clock!

A couple months ago my friend Emily posted on her blog about this clock and how it "rocked their world."  I immediately went to the site and ordered this clock.  Without thinking twice. :)

So how it works is this... you set the "alarm" for when you want or when it is ok for your child to get out of bed.  When the bunny is sleeping you have to stay in your bed.  But when the bunny is awake and playing it's time to get up!  We gradually (a few minutes at a time) set the time for later and later.  And now, drumroll please......Jake successfully stays in his bed until 6:50!  
We seriously can't believe it has worked!  And we have just 10 minutes to go.  :)  
We hear Jake in his room go "bunny's awake! bunny's awake! mooooommmmmmyyyyyyy.  daaaaaaaddddddddddyyyyyyyyyy.  bunny's awake"

It's been a serious life changer!  Thank you Emily and One Step Ahead!

And an update on the sleeping habits of my youngest... Pierce is shaping up to be an excellent sleeper!  He is taking 2 naps (2+ hours in the am, 1+ hour in the pm)  Goes to bed around 7 and sleeps till between 7:30 and 8:30am!

Mark and I are loving our extra sleep lately!

4 comments:

  1. Jen - I have a similar clock for my oldest that glows yellow as a night light, then glows green when it's ok for him to get up. I get a lot of "Mommy! My clock turned green!" LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may be past that point, since Justin has to stay until 6 and 3 (6:30). We might have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that thing is a lifesaver! Katelyn as a similar night light that glows blue (moon) during the night and turns yellow (sun) at 8:00 in the morning (or whatever time you set it) and when she sees the sun she knows it's okay to get out of bed or start calling for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That clock is awesome! I must get one! Off to check this out... Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete