Saturday, October 16, 2010

State Fair of Texas AND a Happy Birthday!

Thursday, September 30 my baby turned ONE and we thought what better way to celebrate than by going to the state fair?!?!?!

The state fair of Texas is one of the greatest places ever.  All the food (fried none the less) you could eat, all the animals you could pet, all the different kinds of people to see :), all the kinds of rides you could ride, all the memories that you want your kids to make!  Seeing all these "firsts" for my kids brought nothing buy joy to my heart!  We all loved it.  Seeing things I would have not noticed before because I had a 1 and an almost 3 year old with me.  Of course, we could have stayed for hours more but we had 2 little short people who were getting tired.  Bethany was able to take off work to join us.  Sadly, daddy was off working and couldn't be there as well as uncle Jon-Jon.

*warning... picture overload!!*


happy FIRST birthday sweet P!


just ONE of the highlights... the cars!


introducing Jake to Big Tex- love that guy!


to say that Jake loved this monster truck is so much of an understatement it's not even funny!  my dad one night recorded a monster truck race/competition (whatever you call it).  he and Jake watched it every night while we were in Dallas!

Pierce experiencing a Fletchers corny dog for the first time!  Yummeeee!!!



I told you it was good love!

Aunt B had just gotten a little kiss from this baby giraffe :)







I love this picture of Pierce and my dad.  Sweet guy was a little hot and tired.

Pickin' peaches from the Little Hands on the Farm- such an adorable place!










Jake was tall enough to ride his first fair ride :)

Patiently waiting

Think he is having fun?!?  :)


He would have rode this ride 20 more times if we had let him!


Sorry, I just couldn't HELP but post this!  
We were at our car and if you gotta go... you gotta go!


This was the first time I had been back to the state fair since we had moved and it was so much fun being there.  It was such a happy day and so fun being able to celebrate Pierce's birthday that way!
Until next year... hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment