Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Project #2

The second project I wanted to work on with my dad was painting our powder room or our half bath downstairs.  Everyone out here laughs when I say "powder room."  It must be a southern thing.  It was red when we moved in and while I would normally love a red bathroom, it just felt really small and dark.  I had in my mind more of a sage-y green color but it turned out a little brighter and it has very quickly become one of my favorite little happy rooms.

I thought about my grandfather alot while I was painting the bathroom and while I was refinishing the picnic table.  Those were things that he used to be great at.  He was great with his hands.  He was great at building things.   I probably told my dad a dozen times that I wish I could pick up the phone and call him to tell him what I was doing and ask him the correct way to do it.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him.  I miss him so much!

Anyways, here are a few pictures of my new powder room :)


i am in love with my new painting from Ballard Designs

and i still want to get a different light fixture too.  


No comments:

Post a Comment