Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chicago

The last week we were in Dallas this spring Mark and I were able to steal away for 2 nights to the Windy City. Mark had a special wine tasting and I decided to tag along. Thank you to my wonderful parents for watching the boys... with everything going on- recovering from Bethany's wedding, my dad's cancer, my grandparents health not great, it was a huge blessing for my parents to have loved on them for 3 days, because they had already been loving on them for 6 weeks!

So, on Wednesday morning, we boarded a plane. Just us. No kids. No stroller. No backpacks or diaper bags. No having to entertain kids. No having to pray that the flight goes very quickly. Just us. I only had my purse. I got to do anything I wanted on that flight- which was read my book, sleep, and really just stare! I even got to hold Mark's hand. It was a GREAT flight! I even wore heels on the plane- ha!

We stayed at the Peninsula Hotel which was amazing! I highly recommend it if you want to splurge while in Chicago. We definitely felt spoiled not to mention completely relaxed. Our room overlooked Lake Michigan. I didn't want to leave it... but we did have some shopping to do! :)




One of the fun things we did was take an architectural boat tour of downtown. While it was completely freezing we had a great time. Lots of very cool and different buildings!




The new Trump Tower







We had dinner the first night with some friends which was fun but the second night Mark and I just wanted to spend some time alone together- something that doesn't happen very often. So where did we go? To a nice restaurant? To our room to order room service? :) Nope, just around the corner to a little hole in the wall to consume a "world famous" chicago style pizza of course! Oh. My. Word. Delish!!! Serious greatness!



It was a perfect 3 days. We came home rested and relaxed. It was a great time for Mark and I to just recharge our batteries and spend some precious quality time with each other. I love him even more after that weekend. I treasure those moments with my husband.



PS- and about that wine tasting Mark had... well Arista is now sold in the great city of Chicago (well, really all over IL!)

1 comment:

  1. I still like NYC pizza better! Looks like a fun and well-deserved trip. Yea for Arista expanding in Illinois!

    ReplyDelete