Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Future Farmers of America

If you would have asked me 5 years ago (pre CA days) what FFA stood for I would have had absolutely no idea. But since I have now become a small town girl... (smile)

Healdsburg has their FFA parade and fair the weekend of memorial day every year. It's so fun. We all put out chairs on the side of the street earlier in the day and then anxiously await for the parade to start to kick off the weekend. We go with and meet some great friends, have fun laughing, eating, and making wonderful memories. Of course, in our family the biggest hit are the firetrucks! Jake can hear them coming and really just can hardly contain himself seeing those huge red trucks drive past him. All the floats* throw out candy, except the "farmers market" truck who gives out carrots! :) *Now, when I say the word "floats" please don't picture in your mind the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, or even floats from my alma mater Baylor. These "floats" are merely flatbed trailers with some people on top! Only in a small town...

Then a couple times during the weekend we will walk up to the fair (since it's about a 1/2 block from our house) and pet as many animals as we can, catch a ride on a little train, watch the big kids on bounce houses and consume a hotdog or two. I completely love watching the parade and going to the fair through the eyes of my kids. They are so happy. Their eyes just light up. I can just see little Pierce's brain working overtime as he sees new animals, new people and new things that you only see at a local county fair :) Both times we went up to the fair I was flying solo with the boys and didn't even think about lugging along my good camera so I only have pictures of the parade.



Little Pierce feeling all the excitement!


"oooo daddy, wook at that"


fun old cars






the smallest of all the firetrucks. i was too busy watching jake to take pictures of the big ones!


this is the little preschool where Jake will be this fall- we cannot wait!




don't ask...


... 'cause I'm not really that sure...

Until next year future farmers...

No comments:

Post a Comment