Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Jake

A few mornings ago, Mark and I got to spend several hours with just Jake and we loved every single second of it. He is growing up so quickly. Learning new words and phrases every day. Mimicking us all the time. Cracking us up almost on an hourly basis. I think he is going to have his dad's sense of humor (which is something I prayed for when I was pregnant!) His excitement for life is contagious. He has the sweetest and most precious little heart. Loves to have fun and be "all boy" but loves to just snuggle with his mommy too.

Anyways, we left Pierce with our housekeeper/nanny and headed to this great park about a half hour from us. This park has everything too. The greatest stuff to play on. A squirting water area (don't know really what to call it). Ducks to feed. Paddle boats, canoes, etc to rent. A lake to ride bikes around. A carousal to ride. Horses to ride. Animals to pet. And to top it all off... a train to ride. Just a little slice of heaven for kids :)

We got in the car afterwards and Mark and I just smiled at each other. Our hearts were so incredibly full at that very moment. Spending some special and really just plain FUN moments alone with our oldest was just what we needed... I think it's what Jake needed too! :)




OK, this thing was just plain FUN! You got to control the tractor arm and dig and lift and drop rocks all you wanted. Seriously, Jake was in heaven. I've got to figure out how I can rent something like this... would be PERFECT for a birthday party!! :)




Feeding the ducks. I stayed as far away as I could :)
"Can I have some more peeeeeeese?"






All aboard!




Fun on the carosaul. This thing moved so fast- probably a little too fast. Totally caught me off guard. But Jake loved it!


Pausing for a quick kiss.


1 comment:

  1. How fun and adorable!!!!!! Is this the park that you, me, and mom took Jake too that one time we were out there? It was when you told us you were pregnant with P, remember?

    ReplyDelete