Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Dear Mark, 
  What an incredible honor it is to watch you be a dad to Jake and to Pierce.  It brings me no greater joy!  Two of my favorite times of the day are when you go in to get Jake in the morning and he with the happiest little voice says "hi daddy hi!" and then in the evening when he hears your truck pulling in runs to the window and says, "my daddy is home my daddy is home" in absolute sheer excitement.  And then Pierce goes crawling at warp speed in your direction.  You are loving.  You are fun.  You read the best stories.  You build the coolest train tracks.  You push the highest on the swings.  You take the longest walks.  You are a wonderful teacher.  You are kind.  You know when to wrestle and when to just snuggle on the couch.  You light up the eyes of your boys.  You show our boys what it is like to be a man who loves God first and how to love me well.  You are an absolute wonderful daddy and I love watching what you do best!  Jake and Pierce are so so lucky to have you as a dad.  Thank you Jesus for a wonderful husband and for giving my boys a wonderful daddy.


And to my own daddy,
  All I can say is that you are just amazing!  Your love for mom, us kids, and now your grandkids brings tears to my eyes at times.  You are an incredible example of what a Godly parent should look like.  I have loved you more these past two months and watching you on this journey I have nothing but awe and love and respect for you.  Thank you Jesus for a wonderful daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jennifer. You are an awesome wife, mother, daughter, friend and encourager to others. Do you know how proud I am to be your Dad?! You are amazing - just like your Mother!

    I love you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete