Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thomas the Train

... was in California last week!  Really, he was!  He is really real and we just HAD to go see him for ourselves :) :) :)

We have been planning this trip for several months now and have been looking so forward to taking Jake on a special trip.  My parents were supposed to come out for the event too.  My mom couldn't come because of my grandparents failing health but was dad was able to steal away for a few days.  First of all, it was so great to see my dad!!!  It had only really been a couple of months since I had seen him last but so much has happened since then that it was like I hadn't seen him in a year.  When we picked him up from the airport I didn't want to stop hugging him :)  But the policeman told me that we needed to get back in the car and move.  I hate those nagging officers at the airport!  Anyways, back to Thomas...

Thomas was in Santa Cruz which is about a 3+ hour drive for us.  Remember, we REALLY wanted to see him!  :)  Pierce stayed at home with Mark's parents so Mark, my dad, and I had Jake all to ourselves and the day was just great!  We got to the Roaring Railroad campground a few hours before it was our time to hop aboard Thomas.  We spent our time meeting Sir Topham Hat, listening to Thomas stories, listening to songs, jumping in jump houses, playing with all sorts of wooden train sets, eating hotdogs, seeing Percey, buying some Thomas toys that would have been WAY cheaper at Target, riding back and forth on a train shuttle, walking the railroad tracks and soaking up the beautiful day in the redwoods!  Seriously, the weather could not have been more perfect.  It was about 73 degrees and sunny :)  My only complaint about the day was just the fact that all of this was happening during the time frame of Jake's afternoon nap.  He was thrilled to be there and he loved (almost) every minute of being there but I think he was a little tired.  He was sound asleep before we left the parking lot.

I'm so thankful that my dad could be with us during this trip.  It would not have been the same without him.  He is and has always been a LOVER of all things train!  Our family loves to do "train" things and when he is with us it's even that much more fun.  Like when we did this.  And then when we did this.  And then when we did this.  You get the picture yet???  I don't know who actually has more fun- Jake or my dad!  But back again to Thomas,  I loved that my dad got to experience all this with Jake!  :)


I wonder what my dad is telling Jake?  Must be some interesting fact about trains! :)

Sir Topham Hat

My child loves train tracks.  Wants to walk them all the time.


Sittin' on Percey


Could have played here all afternoon!

This is another train that takes you to the top of the mountain.  It's about an hour and a half long.  Definitely want to do it sometime!  Evidently it's a gorgeous trip.



Don't be fooled... not on Thomas yet...


"I see him mommy.  I see him comin'.  I see Thomas!!!"

Alive and pretty darn cool if I do say so myself!  :)

He would NOT take his eyes off of Thomas!



I put this picture in so you could see just a glimpse of what we saw.  It was completely beautiful.  This picture doesn't do it justice!
 This was a trip full of wonderful memories that will last forever!  I loved every second of it :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe we should have taken Travis to see Thomas in California instead of Grapevine :) It looks so pretty there!!! Glad you guys had such a great time - so fun that your dad was able to be a part of the special day!

    ReplyDelete