Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Trains... yes, AGAIN!

Since our time here in Dallas is quickly vanishing we are trying to squeeze in as many fun things to do as we can. This morning was all about trains! Are yall seeing a pattern here?!? I guess you should know a little background on the slight obsession of trains in our family. My dad has been fascinated with them since he was a little boy. He has several train sets but his favorite one he likes to get out for Jake every time we visit. (I don't know who enjoys it more, Jake or my dad?!?) Anyways, Jake always looks forward to playing with them and watching them with my dad. Jake loves Thomas, plays with his trains all the time, and has lots of books on trains too.

Jake doesn't care if he's on the vintage train in Northern California going through vineyards and redwoods or if he's on a DART train going through the concrete jungle of North Dallas. He's a lover of all choo choos.

We donned our train shirt and headed to the station. It was the first time I have ever ridden public transportation in Dallas and it was actually kinda fun. My dad, Mark, Jake and I bought our passes and waited anxiously for the fast train to arrive. Jake squealed with utter excitement seeing that train arrive. Jake loved watching all the cars and mack trucks along 75 as we flew past them. Every time we stopped at a station he would say "more more more" and within a minute we were going full speed once again. I can definitely see why people who work downtown would take the DART rail to and from work. It's totally cheap, you don't have to pay for gas, and you can be downtown in 30 minutes, AND you don't have to sit in lovely Dallas traffic! And I have to admit that there were no scary people on board! Now, I wouldn't ride on it at night alone... I digress...

Anyways, we stopped at the Northpark station and my mom was there to pick us up. We were heading over to the mall but my dad and Jake decided to hop on the DART bus and take it over to the mall instead of getting in the car. Mark and I decided to let them have their own little adventure and we hopped in the car with my mom and Pierce. Jake loves watching buses so I'm sure he loved being on it.

We got to the mall and the boys headed over to the train exhibit while mom and I did some shopping. All the boys loved the exhibit. It truly is pretty unbelievable to watch. They probably could have stayed in there all day if it wasn't getting close to nap time. Mom, Pierce and I got in the car while the others got back on the DART rail and took it back north.

Such a fun adventure for all of us!


Got our passes and are ready to go.


The modern day choo choo!
We left in such a hurry, I forgot my jacket. My dad gave his up :)


Here it comes! Have you ever seen anyone so excited?!?


So intently watching the outside world go by.




Papa and Jake on the bus.


Train exhibit at Northpark.





No comments:

Post a Comment