Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back to Paris Day 1 and 2

We rode the train back to Paris and while I still felt utterly yucky I survived the trip.  We made it to our hotel, which was amazing, and took a little rest.  Afterwards, we walked across the street and spent a little time in the park.  I should mention that looking out our hotel room, we had a perfect view of the Eiffel tower and if we looked down to the left we saw the Lourve.  I had not one ounce of me that was wanting to eat but we ended up eating at the little pizza restaurant from the week before.  Sadly, it just wasn't as good to me as the first time :(  Sorry, no pictures from today!

Monday was Valentine's Day.  Celebrating with the love of my life in the "city of love" just couldn't have been more perfect.  We did the Louvre.  I couldn't get over just how unbelievably MASSIVE it was!  Confession: I found the building and architecture more fascinating than the art work inside.  I know.  I know.  It was so great to see some of the most famous pieces of art in the world but I found myself looking up most of the time at the ceilings :)  OK, I'm weird.  Oh well.

After the Louvre, we walked the Champs de Elysee some more.  We made a little stop in a certain big store and Mark said, "I want you to pick something out!"  (see picture below!)  Happy Valentines Day!  :)

That night, we ate at a restaurant in a nearby hotel and it was really good.  I was finally feeling better.

Tomorrow is our last day and we went to bed looking forward to Versailles!

do I even need to comment on this one?!  :)









Woo Hoo!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment