Monday, March 21, 2011

Burgundy Day 4

Man, I don't know why it is taking me so long to finish our trip- geez.  Is anyone even still interested?!?  :)  I'm going to try and crank them all out tonight because I have lots of fun posts to share... like our new HOUSE!!  And I've missed blogging about Pierce turning 16 and 17 months (did I even do a 15 month post???  hmmm)  And how I'm about to venture out into being a single parent for 4 weeks as Mark is traveling.  And I just have some really cute pictures of the boys that I want to share... with my 8 followers- ha!

Anyways, day 4.  We woke up and actually moved out of our house in the morning.  We had to return our rental car and having to take a taxi back and forth between the house and the village of Beaune would have cost a fortune.  On Saturdays, Beaune has the most amazing farmers market- and this market has EVERYTHING you could even imagine... of course amazing foods, but also tons of handmade clothes, toys, pots and pans, painted dishes, baskets, little "knick knacks"... seriously, anything you can think of they had!  Afterwards, we met up with a guy that Mark knows.  His name is Ray and he is from Oakland and is a big fan of Arista.  2 years ago, Ray came out to Burgundy to work a harvest.  He fell in love with it and came home and told his wife, who was pregnant with their first child that they were moving to France.  I'm not quite sure about all these Americans who are moving to France to make wine.  I told Mark on multiple occasions to NOT get ANY ideas!  :)  Mark and I went back to Ray's house to spend the rest of the day with him and his family.  I was a little disappointed because I had really wanted to explore Beaune a little more.  But it was a fun afternoon... until I got sick...
I will spare you all the details but I think it was a combination of eating some raw cheeses, a meat pie (seriously, don't ask... kinda makes me want to dry heave just thinking about it) and then getting car sick driving around several vineyards.  It hit me in full force once we got to dinner.  I felt so bad I couldn't even look at the food on the table.  The truffles on Mark's dinner almost sent me over the edge.  I'll quit now but I have never been so violently ill in my life.

We checked into a darling little hotel in Beaune for the night and I was up all night so so sick... blah!  Not a fun evening and I was definitely wondering if I was going to be able to get on a 3.5 hour train back to Paris the next morning.

Our house for the past 4 days


 This old church was literally right across the road from our house.  The bells always woke us up at 7 am.

Just a few pictures from the market.




All olives


Mark in front of ultra ultra famous Domaine Romanee Conti





Mark and Ray.

I wish I had felt well enough to take more pictures of this little hotel we stayed in.  It was so cute and old.

2 comments:

  1. uhm yeah....ready for the house blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW....I LOVE reading your blog Jen!
    Love, Auntie LA

    ReplyDelete