Saturday, March 26, 2011

Paris Day 3

aka LAST day of our trip!  :)

Mark and I decided to do Versailles on our last day and it couldn't have been a better last day in France.  We loved it!  Our feet walked and walked and walked ALL over the (massive) grounds until they literally could not take another step.  It was the worst weather that we have had but it wasn't bad- just cold and windy and very drizzly!  We ate lunch at Angelina (right there in the palace), the cutest little tea room/restaurant and it was DIVINE!  There was another Angelina right next door to our hotel and I'm so bummed that we didn't find that place before our last day there :(

Here are just a few pictures of our day.




This was my favorite room- the hall of mirrors.  Gorgeous glass chandeliers. 


Marie Antoinette''s bed.


note that cute little thing on my shoulder :)




Our hotel in Paris- Hotel Brighton.

World's smallest elevator.  Mark couldn't stand sideways in it- he had to back into it or ride facing the mirror- ha!

We left the next morning and flew into DFW.  Had about 45 minutes in the airport with my dad (so great to see him!) and got home around midnight.  Exhausted was not even close to how we felt.  Seeing the boys and getting to hug my momma the next morning was so fun.



Some final thoughts about our trip and I'll wrap this up...

I had an AMAZING 2 weeks with Mark! We made lifetime memories!
Paris was my favorite (not surprising to Mark). 
But surprising to both of us, the champagne region was our least favorite. 
I would love to go back to Burgundy maybe for a couple more days only to be able to explore some of the little villages more.  I felt like all we did was taste wine (which isn't bad) but I wish we could have spent a little more time just wandering around.
TWO weeks is a really LONG time to be gone from our kids!  I don't think I want to be gone from them that long again (good news to both sets of parents) unless they are with us.  But then, I don't want to go on a vacation WITH them for TWO weeks... unless it's to the beach or until they are much older :)
The boys stayed with Mark's parents the first week and then my mom flew out for the last week.  All of them deserve jewels in their crowns.
Jake and Pierce did GREAT while we were gone.  Mark and I left them little notes and little surprises to open each day we were gone.  Surprises included... bubbles, chalk, coloring books, 55 cents for a trip to get kiddie cones from McDonalds, a valentines day goodie basket...

So that's about it!  Thanks for hanging in there with me :)


1 comment: