Tuesday, January 18, 2011

He is Faithful!

I have been really thinking back on the year 2010 lately.  I found myself the other day looking through gobs and gobs of pictures on my computer.  I found myself laughing and crying.  But mostly I found myself thanking Jesus for what he allowed my family to go through last year.  Jesus proved Himself faithful over and over again.  And He will this year as well- I'm sure of it :)

I think if I had to put one song to last year it would have been Faithful One by Selah.  Read the words with me...

"I find no hope within to call my own
For I am frail of heart, my strength is gone
But deep within my soul is rising up a song
Here in the comfort of the faithful one

I walk a narrow road through valleys deep

In search of higher ground, on mountains steep
And though with feet unsure, I still keep pressing on.
For I am guided by the faithful one.

Faithful, faithful to the end,
My true and precious friend,
You have been faithful,
Faithful, so faithful to me


I see your wounded hands, I touch your side

With thorns upon your brow you bled and died

But there's an empty tomb, a love for all who come
And give their hearts to you, the faithful one.

Faithful, faithful to the end,
My true and precious friend,
You have been faithful,
Faithful, so faithful to me


And when the day is dawned and when the race is run

I will bow down before God's only Son
And I will lift my hands in praise for all you've done
And I will worship you, my faithful one."

Enjoy a little "picture journey of His faithfulness" of 2010.

We started off the year with 2 less teeth!  As minor as it was, He got me through my child being put under general anesthesia.  Oh how quickly I fell in love with Jake's new smile!  :)

A McWilliams wedding!



We were able to spend about 6 weeks in Dallas in March and April.  Here my dad is dedicating Pierce (6 months) back to the Lord.  What a blessing Pierce is to us and we are so thankful for him!


I got to spend Easter with my family in Dallas and was able to see my grandfather during that trip for the last time.   How he and Jake loved each other!

Jake survived MDO for the first time... and mommy was so happy!  :)

The Lord so graciously spared my sister's life the night of her accident.  Just a mere 5 days from her wedding!

The very next day my dad got his cancer diagnosis.

And just FOUR days later we watched my favorite person in the world, my sister, get married!

He allowed Mark and I to have a little getaway to Chicago.  There is nothing sweeter than a time to refresh your love for one another!

Mother's Day 2010!  He is faithful to get me through times like this with a smile :)

Faithful throughout 32 years of life!  Happy Birthday to me!

My dad got to come visit between his cancer surgery and his total knee replacement.  What a special time with him... and Thomas the Train!  :)

We all survived the "potty party" and potty training- hallelujah!

Sweet Jake started preschool!  
His first day of school was also the first day my grandfather was with Jesus!  I miss him so much!

Read here about his funeral (the picture i wanted to put here wouldn't upload)

Someone turned ONE!!!

Someone turned THREE!!!

Texas for Thanksgiving.  So many things to be THANKFUL for this year!

 Right before Christmas in Tahoe.

Well, that was our year... more or less!  Thanks for hanging in there with me.  My favorite line in the song is this, "And I will lift my hands in praise for all you've done
And I will worship you, my faithful one."

The Lord did great things in my family's life in 2010.  Not all what I would have chosen though.  There was heartache.  There were anxious thoughts.  But there were lots of laughs and lots of love 
My Jesus is faithful.  He was in 2010.  He will be in 2011.  He will always be.  "Faithful till the end"

Praise Jesus for His promises.
Lamentations 3: 22
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness. 

Here is to a great 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment